Saturday, April 26, 2008

coach

A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to go to the North American Mission Board to preview a new church planting resource.  At the board table, I realized that Residency is actually  discipleship.  Now when you hear the word discipleship don't be fooled, its not a formal gathering of linear processes that equal Christ likeness, I found it is "walking in the dust of the Rabbi".  Not to be cheesy or cliché , but it is true that a lot more is caught than taught.  

Over the past 9 months I've had the privilege to journey along with Tim Wolfe.  Tim would humbly tell you that he is a church planter in Atlanta and that he's trying to be faithful with all God has given him, "To him whom much is given, much is expected".  But more than that, Tim has been my coach, pastor, and friend.  I am now 26 years old, married, and out of college by only 2 years. The only men I have had speak into my life are Mike Sharrard, a few youth pastors, and now, Tim Wolfe.

Residency (discipleship) is learning. It is living life seeking to be Obedient to Christ and make Him known.
Peace-

-Cameron

No comments: