Monday, May 5, 2008

Long Day....

Here is my first blog... its kind of nervous knowing that my life is on the internet for all to experience. Its such a large responsibility, making my stories accessible to such a wide audience. However, I am sure I am up to the task. But seriously, my day follows and it was a doozy. 

Today was a pretty long and arduous. Mondays are kind of a work day for Tim and I. We started the day meeting with some church planters that wanting to come to the city in the next year or so. It was so refreshing to meet some more people with a heart for Atlanta and who are wanting come and plant churches. I tell you, we need it. Atlanta needs it. We desperately need more men of God to come and plant churches. To lead men to the Cross by the power of the Holy Spirit. It was great though. I am looking forward to seeing the guys we met with today again.

That is not all we did though. We then had to pick up some tables and chairs used in a meeting last week. We got to the place and some folks were already using the loading dock to unload some massive panes of glass. Tim and I had to get the tables and chairs and then wait for these guys to unload themselves. It was pretty enjoyable watching these guys move what seemed like a million panes. I know now the types of trucks used in such processes. It was pretty funny, because Tim and I had to be extra careful because we were operating right alongside the panes I mentioned. These things were massive... the guy told us $700 a pop... we just were glad we did accidently smash one. That would've left a pretty nasty dent in my checkbook. 

These tables and chairs were then moved all around town, finally making their way into the 1027 Church Trailer. Moving here, going there, meeting these people... long day I tell you. 

We then settled down for some nice pasta and tea, with Pirates of the Caribbean on the tube.
The day was long, but it was also good. 

Looks like my first blog was successful... you all stay in touch now.

-Thomas



 

No comments: