Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Baby in the night...

So my wife and I are expecting our new born son any day now! I'm telling you what, waiting is the hardest part. Our Midwife told us she thought he was coming two weeks ago and right now he is 1 week past his due date. I think most of the anticipation is because we know there will be so much joy when he comes.

A couple months ago, I was thinking about some scripture that had to do with birth. I wasn't sure where the scripture was, but I knew that there was something to do with "labor pains", "woman in labor", something like that...so I searched around. The scripture had nothing to do directly with a woman having a baby, but was to compare the coming of Christ to the labor pains of a woman. When a woman gets close to having a baby, nobody knows the exact time or moment the baby will come. All we know for sure is that it is soon and it is evident through what her body is doing to prepare for the birth.

Jesus will come for the Second time and it will be like a woman in labor. We will know that He is coming soon, he will prepare His people. We are to eagerly await the coming of the Christ -through being obedient to His word and commands.

I'm learning a lot about waiting and what to do while you wait. Trust God. Believe in Him as the sole provider for all things. Don't put to much stock in your own abilities and things here on this earth.

I cannot wait to meet and look at my boy Rhyan! ... I can't imagine how great the joy will be of seeing Christ face to face.



Check out my great friends Chad and Tina:
 http://www.thelongfarewell.com/                          
They do great photos!

No comments: