Monday, May 18, 2009

"Church Planter" vs. Pastor...

So I was thinking...
Church Planting sounds pretty cool. As a matter of fact many have jumped onto this term "church planter" and it has become a bit of a buzz phrase.
So does church planter mean, you "plant" the church and some one else waters it, etc? or Does Church Planter mean that you are part of the whole process?
Part of me doesn't want to leave. If I start something I would hate to just up and leave...
(obviously God defines most of this. It is His church)
I just wanted to define and clear some of this up.
To me a Pastor seems to be the better option. You help start the church and you get to stay with it... Yeah!

I don't know. I was just thinking that to be a Pastor of a church sounds much more real and true. Maybe there has been just too much hype about being a "church planter". Its kind of confusing. You don't hear to many bragging about being a Pastor. Someone who cares about and shepherds people. Not as glorious as the term "church planter", but at least you know what Pastor means.
Want to be a Pastor?
...
Seems pretty cool.
-c

No comments: