Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One year... still here!


Yep!  Ive not blogged in almost 1 whole year!  When I started I wasnt that interested,  but then just in this moment I thought.... well, why not?
Blogging can be beneficial.

Here are a few things I  have been thinking about related to Church Planting.
I continually ask:  Am I ready?  What does it take to be ready?  etc...
I have heard it said that guys have cold feet.  
I wonder if preparation should precede planting. (of course!)
Not that guys dont prepare in planting churches, but it seems that I have bumped 
into a few guys lately who have said "Yea, we planted a year ago, but it just didnt work out."
Thats crazy to me.  It seems if people feel called to plant and plan, then it should last longer than a year.

I had a conversation with a friend the other day and it came out.  The question/statement:  Arnt there alot of guys planting churhes. esp. in Atlanta?  Yea.... It does seem that way.
Classically the understanding is to look at the big number.  Look at all the un-reached.  Big number = more churches. So go...
What seems better than a bunch more churches is - 3 really healthy ones.
I was thinking that the best thing our City could see is a few really good healthy churches.  What if there were less churches that were distracting; and 5 churches that really were effective churches that stuck in the City for 10+ years?
Just thinkin.
I want to do that.  I pray that I seek the Lord, b/c He is perfect and He loves the Church!
(lots of conversation) (lets have it) (and then lets do something)
Your Kingdom come in Atlanta as it is in Heaven
-cameron

No comments: