Sunday, July 19, 2009

"In this text of scripture"

I moved to the city in the Fall of 2003.  Me and 3 of my friends moved into an apartment over in East Lake.  I knew that this was going to be something new, that I was starting a fresh chapter in my life.  I prayed to find a church community that was serving the city and then my friend Jonathan Rich from Truett McConnell College called me up and told me he was helping at this church plant called 1027 church, so I thought I would try it out.  I even tried a few other churches in Atlanta, but I knew this is were I should stay.
I graduated college, got married, completed an Urban Church planting Residency, and had a baby boy! (obviously I left out some of the details)

Through the Residency not only was I praying and preparing (still am) to plant a church, but Tim gave me gracious opportunities to preach.  I have had good and bad, most importantly we have gathered around the Word and it has changed our lives.

Attached is this past Sundays message:
(my Wife makes fun of me, because she says I say "text of scripture" a lot!  I think she counted 23 times last Sunday....oops;)  )



hang on...


well if you want you can down load...... bear with me. Ill figure it out. If you have 30 minutes take a listen

No comments: