Friday, February 26, 2010

the Fragrance of Salvation!

A couple Sunday's ago we had a friend give her life to Christ. What an encouragement and what an amazing sight!

It is so refreshing to see some one surrender their live to Christ for the first time!

It has taken me a bit to write this and even now I question if I am able to do it justice.
I titled this blog "the fragrance of Salvation", because the smell or aroma of someone giving their life to Christ is the reminder of the Life that is in Jesus.
In 2 Corinthians 2:16 Paul says it like this:
"To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life."

A smell can bring back many memories and to be apart of what God did in our friends life was a reminder of all He has done in my life.

I am reminded of when I first trusted Christ and how good God has been and is.

More than anything I think of so many that need Christ and how God longs for them to trust Him. I know the heart of God and it is to see His people, all His creation come back to Him and be in perfect relationship with Him.

Too many times I think we doubt Gods saving power, because we think the trouble of a person or the troubles of the City(where ever you are) are too big.
God is so much bigger! He is the Creator, He is Love and He is perfect. So we should never doubt that He is always at work and we should join Him and what He is doing.

How long has it been since you have seen some one trust in Jesus for the first time?
How many people are you in relationship with that are far from or distant from God?

Pray. Love. Seek to know and obey the Heart of God.
Salvation is forever.

cf

No comments: